Jointly Managed Parks & Reserves
Joint management recognises, respects and incorporates Gunaikurnai culture, knowledge and decision-making.
The partnership combines the land, coastal, forest and marine management skills and expertise of both the State and the
Joint management benefits both Gunaikurnai and the wider community through
- recognising Indigenous culture and knowledge
- providing quality tourism experiences
- improved public education
- and by conserving, protecting and enhancing natural and cultural values.
Funding supports the joint management and enables Gunaikumai people to be employed to work on country. This results in healthier parks and better visitor experiences.
- The Knob Reserve, Stratford
- Tarra-Bulga National Park
- Mitchell River National Parks
- The Lakes National Park
- Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park
- New Guinea Cave (within Snowy River National Park)
- Land within the Lake Tyers Catchment Area
- Buchan Caves Reserve
- Gippsland Lakes Reserve on Raymond Island
- Corringle Foreshore Reserve